Careers - Software Engineer, Core
Software Engineer, Core
There are many great products available to commerce businesses to create unique customer experiences and optimize their operations. There are no products available to reliably integrate and coordinate the capabilities of these.
We are building that product.
Medusa is an orchestration engine for organizations building digital commerce applications comprising multiple systems. This orchestration tooling comes with a strong set of commerce primitives and building blocks that can be used to create scalable and innovative commerce applications.
About the core team
Our orchestration engine manages complex workflows with transactions spanning several potentially distributed services. The core team is responsible for designing and building the inner workings of this engine, including transaction orchestration, state machinery, workflow building, and more.
Aside from orchestration tooling, the core team builds our commerce modules that equip developers with powerful primitives to create applications that fully meet their requirements.
As an engineer on the core team, you are critical for the long-term success of Medusa.
Examples of what you could build
- A transaction orchestrator managing atomic operations across distributed services
- A workflow builder to define and build the steps in a distributed transaction
- A query engine to read, filter, and sort data living in distributed data stores
- A product module that includes all business logic related to product information management
- A conditional pricing engine to calculate prices based on dynamic contexts
Who you are
- You have worked for more than five years with backend engineering
- You absolutely love a good developer experience
- You can navigate the ambiguity and changing priorities of working on an early product
- You are not afraid to provide candid feedback to your colleagues and are receptive to the same
- You comfortably lead projects end-to-end.
What we value
We are tackling the problems that no one else in our space has dared to. At Medusa, you’ll work hard to solve some of the most complex challenges in engineering.
We build exceptional tools so other companies can build exceptional products. Everyone in our organization is passionate about our mission and eager to deliver their best work.
We help our colleagues succeed. Give candid feedback. Tell them what they did right and what they can do better. Only this way can we improve.
In two years, Medusa has become the largest open-source project in our category and been put to use by some of the biggest companies in the world.
We are early in our journey but know exactly what to focus on.
Join a small team of hard-working, passionate people. Bring our vision to life, have a massive impact on the core product, and build a generational company.
If you are interested in this role, please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Competitive salary and equity
- Flexible work hours
- Fully paid WFH setup
- Annual expense stipend
- Company retreats
- Health coverage
- Example of who we work with (case study)